Estrogen is the most essential hormone in the body in women. Estrogen is produced by the ovaries, which is responsible for the physical appearance that distinguishes women from men. It gives the identifying figures of women, which are smaller hips, bigger chest as well as menstruation.
Estrogen is also essential to normal body function, which is why women should maintain normal estrogen levels in the body.
Old age can be one of the reasons why women experience irregular estrogen production. Usually, when women reach old age, their body can no longer produce normal estrogen, which may lead to some bothering body malfunctions.
Most of the women develop body irregularities due to inadequate production of estrogen. However, women should supply their body with estrogen to maintain normal functions and prevent some damages in the body. How are you going to fill your body with the needed amount of estrogen? Is it possible?
To maintain a normal estrogen in the body, there are several ways you can do in order to fill the required level of estrogen in the body. These are the effective methods to supply normal estrogen levels in the body. Here are the different ways.
- Hormone replacement therapy – this is a method used to supply the needed amount of estrogen in the body. It regulates the amount of estrogen to normal in the body so it will function effectively.
- Estrogen supplements – these are drugs that are taken orally to maintain the normal estrogen level in the body. These drugs are available in the leading drug stores in your area. However, you will need to consult your doctor first for further medical management. They will educate you about the function of the normal estrogen level in the body and all the information you need regarding this matter.
- You can also eat estrogen-containing foods. There are many foods that contain estrogen. Some of which are apples, licorice, eggplant, cucumbers, peas, pomegranates, clover, carrots, garlic, pumpkins, soybeans and soybean sprouts, barley, papaya, dates, potatoes, alfalfa, eggs, fennels, plums, oats, yams, wheat, rice, and many more. With regular intake of these foods, your body will maintain normal estrogen level.
These are the different ways to maintain normal estrogen levelS in your body. However, before you try these kinds of estrogen maintenance, it is advisable that you consult a doctor regarding this matter. These professionals are willing to give you information and knowledge about this matter.
Being Aware of Estrogen Dominance
Estrogen is considered a primary hormone for women. However, it is also present for men but the only difference is that Estrogen in women is of higher level than in males. Moreover, it is also an important component for the development and enhancement of the female secondary sex characteristics such as the breast and endometrioum.
During the menopausal cycle of the women estrogen plays a very vital role. This is the necessity of having an appropriate level of Estrogen to prevent the unnecessary disorders that may take place inside a woman’s body. Moreover, if the level of hormone is also imbalanced the risks of the menopausal symptoms will increase.
It is true that Estrogen is a natural body substance but it is coupled with side effects in the person’s body. It can affect the growth of a person or the development of the reproductive system and the secondary reproductive systems.
Pregnant women are not advised to take medicines that are estrogen enhancer, because it is not good for the baby inside the womb of the mother. Usually, it leads to the miscarriage of the baby and may cause serious complications to the mother.
Estrogen medications are indeed helpful for women with menopausal disorders, but these are also risky, especially if not taken properly. One of the worst effects that it can bring to a person is the so-called endometrial cancer. This is often due to a prolonged intake of Estrogen. The risk will vary on the length of the treatment and the dosage of the Estrogen taken by a patient.
Since Estrogen therapy has the long term and the short term period, it must be noted that lower dose of medicine should be taken for the long term in order to reduce the risk. It is also necessary that you see your doctor at least twice a year while you are taking the medication to avoid complications.
Estrogen for post menopausal women can also lead to gallbladder disorder. You must be aware about the effects of estrogen medications while you are taking it. Consult your physician immediately if you notice that there is bleeding that takes place in your vaginal area.
In spite of the complications of estrogen, people also acknowledge its good effect such as lessening the risk of heart diseases and high blood pressure.
It always depends on you, if you want successful effect of your estrogen intake, be sure to follow the doctor’s advice properly.
The Different Foods that Contains Natural Estrogen
Estrogen is very important in a woman’s body. This hormone is responsible for the regular menstrual period that usually occurs every 28 days. If your body is incapacitated of producing estrogen, you will experience menopause or the permanent cessation of menstruation.
Old age is one of the major reasons why women experience such. However, a woman’s body should continuously produce estrogen to maintain its sexual functions. If your body is already incapacitated of producing estrogen, you can try eating foods that has natural estrogen.
There are several herbs and foods that can be a great source of pure and natural estrogens. They can be useful during menopause. The following lists of the different foods available are just some of the best sources of estrogen. Aside from the benefits you can derive during your menopausal stage, these foods also contain vitamins, minerals, fiber and other essential fatty acids. These fatty acids are low in saturated fats so they are healthy to the body. These are very nutritious foods aside from supplying your body with an amount of estrogen you need. Here are the following:
- Fruits such as apples, cherries, dates, papaya, and others;
- Vegetables such as barley, carrots, clover, cucumbers, eggplant, garlic, licorice, peas, parsley, peppers, pomegranates, potatoes, pumpkin, red clover, rhubarb, soybean sprouts, tomatoes, and others;
- Seeds such as anise seeds, chickpeas, cowpeas (black eyed peas), flaxseeds, red beans, sesame seeds, soybeans, split peas, sunflower seeds, and others; and
- Other foods such as Alfalfa , Animal flesh, Baker’s yeast , Beets , Dairy Foods, Dates, Eggs, Fennel , Hops , Oats , Olive oil, Olives, Plums , Rice , Sage , Wheat , Yams , and others.
These are the foods you need to supply your body with natural estrogen. If your body contains less than the required amount of estrogen, eating these foods can help your body produce the necessary amount of estrogen. Women who are experiencing pre-menopausal syndrome are advised to take these foods to regulate the amount of estrogen in their bodies.
However, you have to consult your doctor before you start taking the aforementioned estrogen-rich foods. To know more about the different foods that can regulate the amount of estrogen in your body, you can visit your doctors and seek some advice about it. They can be the best source of information. Tell them your concern and they are just willing to help you with it.
Camille McClellan, MD, DNM, MBS
McClellan Natural Health, Wellness & Nutrition
Free Naturopathic/Homeopathic Consults Available