The Reishi mushroom has anti-inflammatory, anti-tumor, antibacterial, antiviral, anti-diabetic, anti-oxidative, anti-ulcer and anti-aging properties. This herb is often called The Miraculous Herb, The Herb of Good Fortune, The Mushroom of Immortality, Or The Great Protector. There are many other names for this herb but these are just a few. In Japan it’s known as the Thousand-Year Mushroom. This is indicative of the longevity of reishi mushrooms.
Many centuries ago this herb was very hard to find it was an exclusive herb only used by the very elite. In this modern time research also shows how important reishi mushrooms really are.
For women with autoimmune and chronic conditions this herb can improve your life in a variety of ways:
1. It’s a great herb for inflammation: As we all know, inflammation is the root of most health problems. For autoimmune and chronic conditions, this is something that needs to be addressed more often. When it comes to your health, it’s usually most beneficial to try more natural medicinal approaches.This will empower you in more ways than you can even imagine! It will give you the strength to get up every morning and face the day without the risk of harsh pharmaceutical side effects. Research shows that the Reishi mushroom, when used for 14 days, increased anti-inflammatory/antioxidant markers. (1)
2. It’s known for strengthening the immune system and improving longevity: This powerful mushroom can inhibit fungal growth by 58% (2) and it can also protect the liver from potent antimalarial activity. There are many products out there that include medicinal mushrooms such as Reishi mushrooms. Look for some juices or protein powders – especially green juices – that include mushrooms. It also contains beta-glucan, which can protect you from a wide variety of health conditions.
3. It can not only strengthen the heart, but can also strengthen other organs of the body: This powerful mushroom has the ability to help reduce cholesterol and insulin resistance in those with diabetes. (3).
It can increase longevity by strengthening the liver, lungs and kidneys; is important in cancer prevention; and can improve the nervous system. It has been traditionally used in alternative practice to nourish the heart and purify the spirit.
4. Reishi mushrooms produce very strong natural antibiotics that can fight infections: They actually inhibit a wide variety of diverse microorganisms, including bacteria. A 2014 study showed that this powerful mushroom can inhibit both bacteria and yeast(4).
5. Reishi mushrooms are excellent for detoxification: For those with autoimmune and chronic conditions, detoxification is extremely important. Reishi mushrooms can enhance liver function by improving the detoxification process. Studies have shown that Reishi mushrooms are linked to faster regeneration of the cells in the liver (5).
Want more information on how to overcome autoimmune conditions naturally? Download our free Ebook: 10 Steps to Overcoming Your Autoimmune Conditions.
Get all the support you need in my private Facebook group for women, here: Facing Autoimmunity Head On.
Camille McClellan, MD, DNM, MBS
McClellan Natural Health, Wellness & Nutrition
Free Naturopathic/Homeopathic Consults Available